BECOME A MEMBER OF THE ISLINGTON SOCIETY
The Islington Society is a membership organisation of people who live, work or have an interest in Islington. We are a registered charity with an elected committee of officers, drawn from the membership, who manage the work of the Society.
What do we offer members?
- supports conversation planning work to preserve the borough’s historic fabric and individual buildings of distinction
- campaigns for high standard of design in new buildings
- organises a varied programme of events including talks
- campaigns for better public transport and for priority for people on foot, bike & public transport
- produces publications that celebrate Islington’s architectural history and its social & cultural diversity
- publishes neighbourhood walking trails to encourage exploration, awareness, and pride of place
- builds links between residents, officials and councillors
- publishes a newsletter three times a year
What else do you do?
- sends representatives to advise the Council’s committees that deals with development, the environment and transport
- encourages best practice through awards for the best architecture in the borough in the new or refurbished buildings
- is represented on the London Forum of Civic & Amenity Societies, which takes up cross-borough issues of concern
- is a member of the Civic Trust
Apply for membership
- Membership is open to anyone who supports and wants to become involved with the aims of the Islington Society and/or lives or works in Islington. Details of the subscription are below.
Register and pay online
Please complete and submit the form and make payment online.