The Islington Society is a membership organisation of people who live, work or have an interest in Islington. We are a registered charity with an elected committee of officers, drawn from the membership, who manage the work of the Society.
What do we offer members?
- supports conversation planning work to preserve the borough’s historic fabric and individual buildings of distinction
- campaigns for high standard of design in new buildings
- organises a varied programme of events including talks
- campaigns for better public transport and for priority for people on foot, bike & public transport
- produces publications that celebrate Islington’s architectural history and its social & cultural diversity
- publishes neighbourhood walking trails to encourage exploration, awareness, and pride of place
- builds links between residents, officials and councillors
- publishes a newsletter three times a year
What else do you do?
- sends representatives to advise the Council’s committees that deals with development, the environment and transport
- encourages best practice through awards for the best architecture in the borough in the new or refurbished buildings
- is represented on the London Forum of Civic & Amenity Societies, which takes up cross-borough issues of concern
Apply for membership
- Membership is open to anyone who supports and wants to become involved with the aims of the Islington Society and/or lives or works in Islington. Details of the subscription are below.
Register and pay online
Please complete and submit the form and make payment online.
Register and pay by post
Please download and complete the form and send this along with the subscription fee to the address referred to on the form.